Even if you have life insurance, it may not be enough to fully protect your family. Many experts recommend having coverage equal to at least five times your annual income. That's why Teamster Privilege offers supplemental term insurance at special union-member group rates.
Teamster Privilege benefits include:
- Guaranteed coverage with no occupational exclusions; a plan for members with health problems.
- Basic Life offers coverage from $25,000 to $250,000 for members ages 18-64. Renewable to age 70. Optional coverage for spouse and children.
- Team-To-100 offers $5,000 or $10,000 for members or retirees ages 50-80. Automatic payment up to the full $5,000 or $10,000 amount at age 100.
- Living payout option for Basic Life plan lets members diagnosed with a terminal illness to receive 100% of their benefit before they die.
- Organ transplant benefit - members who need a heart, lung or liver transplant can collect up to 50% of their benefit to pay for medical costs.
- Waiver of premium for three months during lockouts or union-sanctioned strikes that last over 30 days
Optional Purchased Coverage
- $15,000 to $200,000 of optional 24-hour all-cause insurance, at affordable group rate
- Guaranteed coverage for all members ages 18 to 69
- Strike waiver of premium for up to one full year while your coverage remains in force
- Additional benefits paid - $50,000 for death at a union workplace; $100,000 for a common carrier fatality; or $25,000 for a death as a result of a motor vehicle accident
- Members and spouses ages 18 to 64 may apply for Basic Life
- Members and retirees ages 50 to 80 may apply for Team-To-100 Life Insurance
- The program is not available to members living in Canada.
To Join, call 9am-8pm, EST, Mon-Fri 1-800-899-2782